Safety is a pivotal consideration in the construction sector. And fall hazards, being one of the most common reasons for worker deaths on construction sites, has become more important to ensure employee safety while following the right protocols. Scaffolding is almost an integral part of the building and construction industry which often becomes a serious risk for the workers. And to eliminate the chances of accidents due to scaffolding in Chichester, you should always follow the right tips and precautions.
Do’s and don’ts of scaffolding safety you must know.
As a scaffold is a temporary platform, there is always a risk of falling off and suffering from severe injuries like brain injury, broken bones, fractures, and cuts. So, to guide you in strengthening the level of scaffolding safety, following here are some of the dos and don’ts discussed.
The Do’s of scaffolding safety
- Always seek proper training before using a scaffold.
- Always wear a hard hat while working around, on, or under a scaffold.
- Always inspect the scaffold thoroughly to ensure there isn’t any damage.
- Always retrain the workers if the fall protection or scaffold changes.
The Don’ts of scaffolding safety
- Never forget to know about the maximum load of the scaffold you’re using and follow the instructions properly.
- Never keep anything on the scaffold as it may fall off and injure any worker.
- Never walk on a scaffold if it’s covered with snow, ice, excessive water, or mud. Make sure to remove all the obstructions before walking over it.
- Never use a scaffold if it’s tampered with or damaged. You should always inform the supervisor and get it inspected thoroughly instead of repairing it on your own.
The bottom line
Identifying the predictable and existing hazards is vital to take the necessary measures and ensure that the employees can do their job efficiently. Adhering to the industry’s various rules and regulations helps minimise the chances of scaffolding accidents. Also, you must offer necessary training and knowledge to the workers regarding the purpose of a scaffold so that they stay alert and work responsibly.
AGR Scaffolding is the leader in offering reliable and efficient scaffolding services in Hove, Brighton, and the southern counties. We have a fully insured and professional team of specialists with years of experience in scaffold installation, hire, and removal. Want to know more about how can we help you? Please contact our experts now to discuss your requirements and get a quote.