An elevated temporary work platform has become a mandatory part of the construction industry. If you want to make the most of the temporary platform, make sure you choose the right company offering scaffolding services. The structure is widely used to support construction materials and workers so they can work with complete peace of mind. It is advisable to choose a renowned company offering scaffolding services as they try to maintain their reputation by delivering modern scaffolding services. A competent person works on-site following all the OSHA guidelines.
Who Are Certified To Work On Scaffolds?
• A competent person
• Trained scaffold workers
• Trained erectors
• Trained dismantlers
Who Can’t Use Scaffolds?
• Is not authorised to use scaffolds
• Did not undergo proper training to use scaffolds
• Lack the knowledge required to use scaffolds
• Lack the training or certification required to use scaffolds
Why Hire A Competent Person When Using Scaffolds?
You will have better peace of mind if a competent person at the site is trained to use, erect, and dismantle scaffolds. They should be involved in every stage of scaffold use. If the person erecting or using the scaffold is untrained, using the structure can become hazardous. Numerous fall injuries occur every year if the person erecting or using the scaffold isn’t trained or knowledgeable. Everyone using Scaffolding in Eastbourne should be properly trained and authorised to use it. They should also follow all the standards set out by OSHO.
Few Of The Golden Rules To Follow When Using Scaffolds
• Use adjustable screw jacks and base plates to build a proper foundation for the structure.
• Brace the scaffold after going through the manufacturer’s code.
• All the scaffolding parts should be properly inspected and get rid of the faulty parts.
• The minimum thickness of the overlapping scaffolding planks should be 12 inches. They should also be of premium quality.
• To secure all the open sides of the scaffold, use guardrails, toe boards and mid-rails.
• Minutely inspect all its parts before you start using it.
• Don’t remove any part of the scaffold without permission.
• Use sturdy ladders to reach different levels of the scaffold.
Follow all the golden rules stated above when using or erecting a scaffold.